York Family News

Saturday, May 26, 2007

SARAH'S STRIDE - MAY 19, 2007


Back in March I picked up a flyer at church for an adult beginning to run program. Having had no formal running training, I thought this might be fun. I talked to Ryan and signed up. We started running the week of March 19.


The group met every Tuesday night from 6 - 8 PM, there was training, running tips and a run at each meeting. At the firt meeting we were divided into 3 groups, I was in VROOM. While in VROOM, I met 5 other gals who had joined running group too. After a few weeks, the 5 of us started meeting each Saturday morning at 7:30/8:00 AM to run. Our goal to finish Sarah's Stride, a 5K race (3.1 miles) on May 19, 2007.


I am happy to report Jamie, Susie 1 & Susie 2, Julie, Jenn and I all finsihed the race! We got a T-shirt, medal and gained new friendships during our class.


The Vroom chicks and I still are meeting weekly to continue or training and are thinking of the next race we plan to run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home