This, That and the Other
It's been a busy time in the York abode! The holidays are upon us and we're traveling, chaperoning and hustling and bustling!
This past weekend we trekked up to Decorah to see my Grandma Mernie, glad we did since after serving us lunch that afternoon she ended up in the hospital that night! Poor Grandma Mernie! So on Sunday am after Auntie Rox called to tell me since was in the hospital I got ready and zipped into town to hang with her for 2.5 hrs. until it was time for "dinner". Up North lunch is dinner and dinner is supper. Then Ryan, Elise and I packed our bags and were off from Miss Jess & Eric's to IA City.
We spent last night in IA City and today had Elise's pediatric urologist appointment. I wish I had more answers but I don't! We are on a 6 mth. RX, she's to pottie every 2 hours (um...he obviously didn't see how stubborn she was today by not talking) and to work on her hygenie by wiping better and not sitting in soapy bath water for too long. Oh, and to start taking miralax as she seems to be a bit constipated and that might be contributing to her troubles and on-going UTI's. All very good news but still frustrating as it seems so simple yet Elise's keeps having trouble. As Ryan said at least for now all internal and structural compents releated to peeing are ok. YES, SOMETHING TO BE VERY THANKFUL FOR THIS HOLIDAY SEASON!
Finally, I'M DONE XMAS AND BIRTHDAY SHOPPING for all on my list! In fact, today I went to the cash machine pulled out my allotement for Ryan and soon discovered I was WAY over my allotment for Xmas. Lucky for me his birthday follows Christmas rather quickly so being the "SMART-E" that I am I'm done with both! And this could prove to be a mistake but I called Elise from the store and asked her what she thought of "her" gift to her daddy and she liked it and AMAZINGLY hasn't spilled the beans yet!
This past weekend we trekked up to Decorah to see my Grandma Mernie, glad we did since after serving us lunch that afternoon she ended up in the hospital that night! Poor Grandma Mernie! So on Sunday am after Auntie Rox called to tell me since was in the hospital I got ready and zipped into town to hang with her for 2.5 hrs. until it was time for "dinner". Up North lunch is dinner and dinner is supper. Then Ryan, Elise and I packed our bags and were off from Miss Jess & Eric's to IA City.
We spent last night in IA City and today had Elise's pediatric urologist appointment. I wish I had more answers but I don't! We are on a 6 mth. RX, she's to pottie every 2 hours (um...he obviously didn't see how stubborn she was today by not talking) and to work on her hygenie by wiping better and not sitting in soapy bath water for too long. Oh, and to start taking miralax as she seems to be a bit constipated and that might be contributing to her troubles and on-going UTI's. All very good news but still frustrating as it seems so simple yet Elise's keeps having trouble. As Ryan said at least for now all internal and structural compents releated to peeing are ok. YES, SOMETHING TO BE VERY THANKFUL FOR THIS HOLIDAY SEASON!
Finally, I'M DONE XMAS AND BIRTHDAY SHOPPING for all on my list! In fact, today I went to the cash machine pulled out my allotement for Ryan and soon discovered I was WAY over my allotment for Xmas. Lucky for me his birthday follows Christmas rather quickly so being the "SMART-E" that I am I'm done with both! And this could prove to be a mistake but I called Elise from the store and asked her what she thought of "her" gift to her daddy and she liked it and AMAZINGLY hasn't spilled the beans yet!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home