York Family News

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Packing

Today, Ryan and I are busy trying to get things ready for the move to IA. Ryan has been taking car loads back with him each weekend since June.

Earlier this week he made a trip to Decorah to pick-up Elise's "big girl" bed from my cousin and her hubby Jess and Eric. They had gotten the bed from my Grandma Mernie who gave it to us when she moved to a smaller apartment. Thankfully, Jess and Eric (Miss Elise's godparents) helped us out by retrieving the bed from my Grandma and storing it for us until Ryan went to get it. Elise's "big girl" bed is now in Des Moines, IA all set-up waiting for her to arrive. She is going from her toddler bed to a twin bed.

Nana (Ryan's mom) is helping to decorate Elise's bathroom. Yes, Elise will be getting her own bathroom in DM. I heard Nana went all over town shopping for the perfect shower curtain for Miss Elise. 4 stores and countless hours resulted in finding a shower curtain. Then I heard about towels to match, etc. I think Nana is excited to have Miss Elise come to town and to be able to help decorate her bathroom and bedroom. Yes, Nana is also helping decorate her bedroom. Elise, Nana and I will venture out on a girl's shopping spree to get Elise a new comforter, sheets, etc. to decorate her "big girl" bed. Elise and I are looking forward to being able to shop with Nana.

We are entering into our final week in Milwaukee before the movers come and we'll be back in IA. We'll miss all of our good friends here and are excited to be coming back home to all of our friends and family in DM & IA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home