BABY BUNNIES
One night about a week ago, I was watering my butterfly garden. All of a sudden my Aslyum plants were moving up and down. I was sure some nasty critter was living in my flowers. Being the curious person I am I had to find out why my plants were sputtering up and down. 
Low and behold, I discovered a bunny nest underneath my flowers! Now, this is not the first bunny nest we've had in our yard this year. The first nest didn't fare too well once Gracie Mae discovered it in the "poop" zone.
Amazingly, this nest has gone undected by us all until I was watering my dying plants. Now, I know why they were dying! After investigating, I covered the baby bunnies back up in hopes G'mae wouldn't find them.

On Sunday night, Elise and I were out watering the flowers. The Alyum started to bubble again, G'mae was quickly ushered inside and Miss Elise got to see the bunny nest. I carefully peeled back the flowers with my butterfly decorative wand to show Elise the bunnies. She was ohhing and ahhing, saying "look mom, aren't they cute". She was thrilled to see those baby bunnies. We covered them back up and continued our watering, trying to avoid the bunny nest. Next thing we know, we've got 5 baby bunnies leaping from the nest running around the side of the house. Elise was screaming the bunnies are out and didn't want Gracie to get them.
I went to grab the camera and we took pictures of our bunnies. The baby bunnies were not too bright and were running in front of the sliding glass door with a four legged furry friend ready to leap out the door. It was truly a unique and fun night to see Elise so excite about the baby bunnies. I did find 3 of them later that night. One got shooed to the neighbors yard, one I caught in a shoe box and put him back in his bunny hole and the other one ran away. I'm happy to report the last baby bunny has left the nest and Gracie Mae didn't find a single bunny this time.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home