STORM THE BASTILLE
Last Thursday night was the start of one of the yearly summer festivals in Milwaukee called Bastille Days. Downtown they erect a replica of the Eifel Tower, have french artists and food along with musical concerts wine and beer tents.
For the past 4 years, except this one, I've watched them build the Eifel Tower from my office on the 22nd floor when I worked in Executive. I've also seen new reports of the 5K race, title "STORM THE BASTILLE".This year and being the my last Bastille days in Milwaukee, I decided to run the "STORM THE BASTILLE" 5K race. I met 2 other "running girls" and we stormed the bastille. I finished somewhere between the 37-38 minute mark. Pretty good, since I'd only ran once the week prior to the race. I shaved 3-4 minutes off my Sarah's Stride time.
The race starts at Bastille days, rounded around the lakefront, past the Calatrava (Art Museum), back thru Bastille days, thru Third Ward (boutique shopping and restaurant area) and back to Bastille days. There were 2 hills one at the beginning of the race and one at the end. The race is a night race, starting at 9 PM. We had a great time and it was fun to be able to say I "STORMED THE BASTILLE"!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home