Grandma Marti
Grandma Marti (my mom) arrived on Wednesday night. Elise and I went to the airport to pick her up. I took Thursday off to take her Xmas shopping. Little did I know we'd SHOP 'TIL WE DROPPED that day. Here's a recap, I dropped her off at Valley West at 10:30 AM, took Elise to a Dr. visit, met back up with her around Noon and we got back to our house at 5:30 PM! After a GREAT dinner of Schnitzler Pot Roast, Mom and I were back at it leaving the house around 7 PM and we got home at 9:45 PM!! OUCH!!!
On Friday, Grandma Marti was a trooper and baked for me with her "Sugar" helper! According to my mom Elise didn't really care for making Yum Yums, LOVED cutting our ginger cookies and finally decided we were putting frosting on the pretzels and it was yummy so that was ok. I'd forgotten to get out a rolling pan and after a search, Grandma Marti couldn't find one. Elise said to her, I know where one is". According to G'ma M, she took off running to the basement and came back up with her "kitchen" rolling pin. Mom said it was so cute b/c she just bolted when she heard one was needed and she knew just where to find one. Bless G'ma Marti as they made cut-out Ginger cookies w/Elise rolling pin.
For those that don't know, G'ma Marti lives in CO, has a house in UT and visits AZ frequently. She came from AZ and will be headed back to AZ on Xmas day in the afternoon. So with that said she doesn't get to go shopping. At least that's what she says. So today, we were back at Younker's for another shopping spree. Once again, I came home empty handed and G'ma Marti walked out with a sweet new brown coat and earrings for her. NOT what we went to Younker's for at all. But, when it was all said and done and Mom walked out the door tonight to go to Boone to have a day w/Chet's girls, I was sad. I miss my mom and it was fun to spend time shopping w/her, helping her pickout Xmas gifts for the girls and helping her select a coat.
Good thing is she'll be back tomorrow and will make Xmas Eve dinner for me while I'm fielding calls from policyholders and claimants on Monday at State Farm! God Bless Grandma Marti!! I'm glad she came and will be sad to see her go. Being she's so far away I'm lucky if I see her twice a year. So I cherish the times she comes so she can get to know Elise and I can spend time with her.
I love you Mom!!!
Today, we celebrated Xmas w/my brother and his family.
On Friday, Grandma Marti was a trooper and baked for me with her "Sugar" helper! According to my mom Elise didn't really care for making Yum Yums, LOVED cutting our ginger cookies and finally decided we were putting frosting on the pretzels and it was yummy so that was ok. I'd forgotten to get out a rolling pan and after a search, Grandma Marti couldn't find one. Elise said to her, I know where one is". According to G'ma M, she took off running to the basement and came back up with her "kitchen" rolling pin. Mom said it was so cute b/c she just bolted when she heard one was needed and she knew just where to find one. Bless G'ma Marti as they made cut-out Ginger cookies w/Elise rolling pin.
For those that don't know, G'ma Marti lives in CO, has a house in UT and visits AZ frequently. She came from AZ and will be headed back to AZ on Xmas day in the afternoon. So with that said she doesn't get to go shopping. At least that's what she says. So today, we were back at Younker's for another shopping spree. Once again, I came home empty handed and G'ma Marti walked out with a sweet new brown coat and earrings for her. NOT what we went to Younker's for at all. But, when it was all said and done and Mom walked out the door tonight to go to Boone to have a day w/Chet's girls, I was sad. I miss my mom and it was fun to spend time shopping w/her, helping her pickout Xmas gifts for the girls and helping her select a coat.
Good thing is she'll be back tomorrow and will make Xmas Eve dinner for me while I'm fielding calls from policyholders and claimants on Monday at State Farm! God Bless Grandma Marti!! I'm glad she came and will be sad to see her go. Being she's so far away I'm lucky if I see her twice a year. So I cherish the times she comes so she can get to know Elise and I can spend time with her.
I love you Mom!!!
Today, we celebrated Xmas w/my brother and his family.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home