Spin, Spin, Spin
A couple of months ago I joined a new gym. All in hopes to find a way to ride bike in the winter! It's WAY to cold, snowy, icy to ride outside in the winter. I don't care that today I saw a chic on her bike pedaling away looking frozen to the core. I might be "insane" by some people for doing RAGBRAI and enjoying it. But, I certainly haven't lost my insanity completely!
I'm happy to report I've attended 2 spinning classes. I've decided I probably sweat WAY TOO much to go during my lunch hour. My fellow cubemates will appreciate that decision.
I went last night and LOVED the instructor. She got me on the stationary spin bike, had me adjust my seat and asked me if I rode before. I just replied with a quick yup thinking to myself have I rode before....lady I can bike with the best of 'em! She had us spin, spin, spinning more than I ever had before. I didn't think my legs on pedals could move that fast!! After class she, the instructor told me I did a great job and really hung in there. Damn straight lady did she really think I wasn't going to keep up? Ok, the smart talking me will admit I was dripping sweat, beat red in the face, huffing and puffing thinking my legs were surely going to fall off at one or more points during the class secretly watching the clock in the mirror telling myself I could make it just 5 more minutes until the end of class.
Maureen, look out because I'm coming back to your class! In fact, I liked you so much I'm coming to your other classes too! Where I'm sure my GREAT coordination will have me wishing I was back on the spinning bike! Put me on a bike or in water and I've got all the coordination in the world. Get me off the bike or outta the water and well you get the idea....
I'm happy to report I've attended 2 spinning classes. I've decided I probably sweat WAY TOO much to go during my lunch hour. My fellow cubemates will appreciate that decision.
I went last night and LOVED the instructor. She got me on the stationary spin bike, had me adjust my seat and asked me if I rode before. I just replied with a quick yup thinking to myself have I rode before....lady I can bike with the best of 'em! She had us spin, spin, spinning more than I ever had before. I didn't think my legs on pedals could move that fast!! After class she, the instructor told me I did a great job and really hung in there. Damn straight lady did she really think I wasn't going to keep up? Ok, the smart talking me will admit I was dripping sweat, beat red in the face, huffing and puffing thinking my legs were surely going to fall off at one or more points during the class secretly watching the clock in the mirror telling myself I could make it just 5 more minutes until the end of class.
Maureen, look out because I'm coming back to your class! In fact, I liked you so much I'm coming to your other classes too! Where I'm sure my GREAT coordination will have me wishing I was back on the spinning bike! Put me on a bike or in water and I've got all the coordination in the world. Get me off the bike or outta the water and well you get the idea....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home