York Family News

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

In Memory of My Dad

It was 8 years ago today, I got the worst news I think I've ever gotten. My mom had called and told me my dad, Charles Egge, had been killed in a car accident. I can still remember the day clearly and the call like it was yesterday. Along with the shock that he was really gone. Thank goodness Ryan was there with me when I learned the fateful news along with my roommate Kurt!

This year what reminded me of his death was a conversation I was having last night with my Aunt Evy. She's my dad's oldest sister. We were talking about dates and I mentioned dad's death being Aug. 1. She said that is tomorrow, I would have forgotten I think, had she not reminded me to was the day. Last year was the first year, I didn't remember today until a few days had past. As the saying goes, time heals all wounds.

So here's to you Dad, I just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you today as I often do each year that you've been gone.

Love, your daughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home