York Family News

Friday, August 10, 2007

Once Again Iowan's

We've made it! We are officilly Iowan's again. The movers have come and gone and now the fun has begun. We are slowly but surely making progress on getting unpacked.

Elise's room was done first along with her bathroom, then the kitchen which I think I finally finished up today. I've been working on the bedroom, while Ryan has been busy reconfiguring the basement. We've decided Gracie Mae is depressed, she misses Arnie and her daily treats! She has figured out the potty spots and does her business when we take her out.

After enjoying the WI weather for the past 4 years, I'm melting here! I'd forgotten just how hot and humid IA can get in the summer! It's been 90's all week, with rain which was desperately needed and humid, humid, humid!!! I'm ready for some good 'ol B/R weather!

We have been making the rounds seeing our old and dear friends. Monday was dinner with the Geiger family, in honor of Heather's birthday, Wednesday was dinner with the Hirsch family, today was lunch with Meg's and Krystal for me. Tomorrow night we'll finally get to see Kurt, Krystal's hubby. The only folks we haven't gotten to see yet are the Longnecker & Neubauer family!

Small world ~ You know your back in a small community when at lunch today I run into 2 people I know. One is a friend who was married to one of Ryan's fraternity brothers and the other a guy I went to High School with who I probably haven't seen over 15+ yrs. Welcome back to Des Moines!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home