York Family News

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Mother/Daughter Day

Today was Mother/Daughter Day since yesterday was Father/Daughter Day while I was on my training ride.

Elise and I took advantage of the sun (still windy today) and headed out to the zoo. Her idea. At lunch she was asking me to go to the zoo. I decided that even though I am fighting a killer sinus headache, I'd take her to the zoo. She LOVES to go and I was MIA most of yesterday so I got ready, got her dressed and told her we were going on a "adventure". She kept asking where we were going and I kept telling her "it was a surprise". She kept saying "Are we going to the zoo?" I told her she'd have to wait. She's no idiot, the minute we pulled into the zoo parking lot she yelled at me "See I told you we were going to the zoo". And she was right.
We had a good time at the zoo. Now the DSM zoo is NOT the MKE (Milwaukee) zoo. We actually went around the zoo twice here and got to see the Sea Lion show. She tried "milking" the cow. Not quite like Godmom Jess & Goddad Eric do it but she tried.

I'm sure this was the first of many trips to the DSM zoo this spring/summer and fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home