York Family News

Thursday, October 4, 2007

STAPLES Where?

This week at Elise's preschool the theme is safety week. Miss Elise decided she wanted to be the center of attention tomorrow during show and tell. She was climbing between the 2 sofa's and slipped, fell and hit her head on the corner of the coffee table.

She immediately started to cry, Ryan grabbed her and gave her to me to hug and console that's when I noticed the blood, gushing from the side of her head. Ryan ran to get a wash cloth, of course I had to yell at him to hurry up, we put that on her head and I was able to see a 1/4" gaping gash on the side of her head. Luckily, by the time I made a makeshift ice pack, grabbed our keys and headed out the door she'd quit crying.

An hour after our "adventure" began we were back home from Urgent care and Miss Elise has 3 staples in the side of her head. She was VERY brave and hardly cried a bit while Dr. B. put in the staples. I have photos of her staples in her head but it's too late to download them tonight. She was a trooper and Mom did well too considering I had to hold her and watch Dr. B put them in tonight. I am thankful this is only our 3 rd trip to the urgent care/ER and this has been the most serious trip to date. The other 2 times were for high fevers/unexplained rash.

So tomorrow Elise is going to discuss safety during show and tell and tell her class you shouldn't climb/jump on furniture because if you do you could slip and fall and hurt yourself. Just like she did tonight and you too might end up with staples in your head!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home