York Family News

Thursday, May 1, 2008

It's Official

Yesterday afternoon I received the long awaited email regarding if our team/me made it in the RAGBRAI lottery selection.

I'm officially a 2008 RAGBRAI participant!!! Our team was selected in the lottery!! I was SO excited to have received the congratulations email.

I joined my fellow team members for a ride from Waukee to Adel and back. It's the first time I'd ridden that trail. After we started Tom tells me "tailwinds all the way to Adel and it's mostly downhill". I glanced at him and knew what that meant "headwinds all the way back to Waukee climbing uphill gradually". The ride there was fairly easy, the ride home was KILLER!!! The wind was terrible, didn't die down after dark and I wondered am I crazy? The answer NO!!!
Once back in Kenny's, I high fived Michelle proud I'd survived another 16 mile ride w/gale force winds!

RAGBRAI here I come!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home