GO RED CHALLENGE UPDATE
About 10-weeks ago you may recall me blogging about being selected as one of the 10-participants in this year's 2008 Go Red Heart Healthy Challenge here in DM.
Here's a little update, the 10-weeks are ending on Friday at the Go Red Luncheon where the winner will be announced. Today, I went to the IA Heart and Vascular Center for my final blood work, weigh-in and measurements. While the results overall were good, I was a bit disappointed my "bad" LDL cholesterol level increased.
I met all of my goals: I have quit smoking (ok for those that didn't know YES I've been a closet smoker for years, I smoked pre-Ryan, pre-Elise I quit when I was pregnant and stayed a non-smoker until a couple of years ago when I started back up). I've lost 10 lbs. and I've started running again. Those were my 3 goals and the most important thing is I quit smoking and I've "come out of the closet" about my past smoking habits. Ok, for those that didn't know I smoked you can get up off the floor now and for my Mother/Brother and anyone else who'd like to lecture me about smoking...DON'T, I don't want to hear it I've quit!!! Kudos to me!!! Second, I met my weight goal and third I'm running again along with continuing to bike. Although since the weather is getting cooler and windier it's harder to get on the bike.
On Friday at the luncheon they'll annouce the winner of the overall challenge. While I'm disappointed in my numbers they are still at the optimim range/level they should be for someone my height and age. So that's good. Speaking of age, I'm once again 30 according to my metabolic age! How about them apples?
Check back later this week to see how the challenged concluded and who knows maybe I will be announced the winner but I'm not couting on it.
Here's a little update, the 10-weeks are ending on Friday at the Go Red Luncheon where the winner will be announced. Today, I went to the IA Heart and Vascular Center for my final blood work, weigh-in and measurements. While the results overall were good, I was a bit disappointed my "bad" LDL cholesterol level increased.
I met all of my goals: I have quit smoking (ok for those that didn't know YES I've been a closet smoker for years, I smoked pre-Ryan, pre-Elise I quit when I was pregnant and stayed a non-smoker until a couple of years ago when I started back up). I've lost 10 lbs. and I've started running again. Those were my 3 goals and the most important thing is I quit smoking and I've "come out of the closet" about my past smoking habits. Ok, for those that didn't know I smoked you can get up off the floor now and for my Mother/Brother and anyone else who'd like to lecture me about smoking...DON'T, I don't want to hear it I've quit!!! Kudos to me!!! Second, I met my weight goal and third I'm running again along with continuing to bike. Although since the weather is getting cooler and windier it's harder to get on the bike.
On Friday at the luncheon they'll annouce the winner of the overall challenge. While I'm disappointed in my numbers they are still at the optimim range/level they should be for someone my height and age. So that's good. Speaking of age, I'm once again 30 according to my metabolic age! How about them apples?
Check back later this week to see how the challenged concluded and who knows maybe I will be announced the winner but I'm not couting on it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home