York Family News

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Waukee - Redfield & Back

Today, I rode from Waukee to Redfield and back. I left Waukee at 10:30 AM and arrived back at my car around 1:45 PM. That included about a 30-min. pit stop in Redfield. I'd never ridden the Racoon River Valley Trail that far before. I was beginning to wonder if I'd make it to Redfield since I had no clue on the trail where it was from where I was coming from. All I knew was 8.5 miles from Adel to Redfield.

I rode a total of 33.6 miles today. That is the longest I've ridden in one trip. It was a windy, blustery, sunny day. I was riding solo today and on new wheels. Boy, what a difference my new wheels made on the trip from Adel back to Waukee. That is usually the stretch where I "die" each Wednesday night and think "why am I doing this?"!!! However, today that stretch was AWESOME!!! I'm not going to say it was easy but it was much easier on my new wheels! Amazing what new wheels will do for a gal.

Ryan has told me my new passion is pricey~I told him after the inital purchases (clothing, bag, rack, wheels, head&tail lights, etc.) that I'll be set for years to come! Besides, I'm doing it in spurts and all my gear so far has been on sale. I love a sale!

The total miles I've ridden this week (Monday - Monday) is 58.6. That's a daily ride during RAGBRAI!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home