York Family News

Monday, June 9, 2008

BIG GIRL BIKE

Over a week ago, I posted about "Big Girl Bike vs. Baby Bike" for Elise.

Elise did get a big girl bike and has turned into quite the biker! Just like her mama. She got a purple cruiser and I found her knee & elbow pads along w/bike gloves for her to wear. Safety first. She was thrilled to get a new bike.


We had told her that Friday night that she needed to get to bed because there would be a surprise for her in the morning. We'd been thinking about getting her a big girl bike so she could ride with her friend Gabbie. Well, imagine my surprise when the store I went to didn't have a big girl bike for her. They were sold out. Panic set in and I raced from K-Mart to Target hoping they'd have a bike for her. Luckily, they had one and it was purple. Her favorite color.


Yesterday, she gets her bike gear on and is requesting we go on a bike walk. I had to inquire what a bike walk was and she said I ride my bike and you walk with me. So we made a trip around our new block coming home on the bike path, behind our house. We made it to the house and inside just in the nick of time because it started to pour down rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home