"Salon E"
Salon E was open for business tonight. Ryan and I have been asking Elise for over a week if she wanted to cut her hair. Elise has had 2 haircuts in her 4 1/2 years and she wasn't ready for one a couple of weeks ago. Well, this past weekend I asked "Elise, do you want to get your haircut?" The reply, "Yeah, can Becky cut it?". I reminded her Becky is her WI hairstylist and she can't cut her hair here in DSM. End of conversation.
I get home from a trip to "Wally-World" tonight and Ryan wants his haircut. Elise hears us talking about cutting hair, so we ask her if she wants her haircut. The reply, YES!!! That was all it took for me to decided Salon E was opening for business and I was going to cut Elise's hair. Yup, you read that right, I cut my child's hair. I got out my mom's old scissors (from her days of being a professional hairstylist) and got down to business cutting Elise's hair. I have to admit, I was a bit nervous but luckily for me it turned out cute. Nothing drastic just a couple of inches off the bottom. Best of all, she LOVES it!!! Miss Elise told me she's going to tell her teachers and friends I cut her hair. Ironically, as I was starting to trim Elise's hair, my mom called and got a real laugh that I was cutting my daughter's hair.
Then it was Ryan's turn and when it was all done Salon E closed for business. My "customer's" make an appointment or I should say tell me 5 minutes before they want a haircut and I'm to open up shop. They do sweep up their own hair but the pay and tips are nil!!!!! I think I'll keep my day job!
I get home from a trip to "Wally-World" tonight and Ryan wants his haircut. Elise hears us talking about cutting hair, so we ask her if she wants her haircut. The reply, YES!!! That was all it took for me to decided Salon E was opening for business and I was going to cut Elise's hair. Yup, you read that right, I cut my child's hair. I got out my mom's old scissors (from her days of being a professional hairstylist) and got down to business cutting Elise's hair. I have to admit, I was a bit nervous but luckily for me it turned out cute. Nothing drastic just a couple of inches off the bottom. Best of all, she LOVES it!!! Miss Elise told me she's going to tell her teachers and friends I cut her hair. Ironically, as I was starting to trim Elise's hair, my mom called and got a real laugh that I was cutting my daughter's hair.
Then it was Ryan's turn and when it was all done Salon E closed for business. My "customer's" make an appointment or I should say tell me 5 minutes before they want a haircut and I'm to open up shop. They do sweep up their own hair but the pay and tips are nil!!!!! I think I'll keep my day job!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home