York Family News

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Irwin's Bike & Sports in Johnston

I have discovered a new bike shop in Johnston called Irwin's. I have to tell you I went in Sat. am. (best to go early before everyone & their brother comes out) and was looking at bikes & gear. I was talking to this guy Jack, salesguy and we were talking about RAGBRAI. He was telling me the difference between a rode and hybrid bike. Had me tool around the parking lot on a rode bike to feel the difference. I felt it alright, rock hard seat, shifting gears in weird places, brakes in 2 places, etc. The biggest difference weight~rode bikes are MUCH lighter than hybrids. So I thanked Jack, came home and did some research online about our discussion & checked out there website.

What did I discover this guy Jack who'd been so wonderful & nice to me and not pressuring me to buy a thing, owns the joint!!! Well, a few hours later I was headed back to Irwin's hoping Jack was still there, he was only this time the joint was packed and he was helping a little girl size her first bike w/her parents. So along came Julie (another dude who works there wife) and she found the wheels I was looking for, tested them out outside in the parking lot and met the owners wife. Then out comes Jack, gets everything adjusted and 45-min. later I have new wheels.

Yesterday, was my first shopping experience at Irwin's and I'll definitely be back! I like to shop local and Jack was great. In fact, everyone I talked to there yesterday were very friendly, honest about gear & stuff and invited me to ride w/them on their Wed. night rides! So A HUGE THANK YOU TO IRWIN'S (in Johnston 5500 Merle Hay Rd. just N. of the Interstate)!!!!
I love my new WHEELS!!!!! www.irwinsbike.com

For Chet...guess who works there??? Remember Chad Colwell? Yup, he told me to tell you hello. I told you people there were friendly. While waiting for my wheels we struck up a conversation and he tells me he's from Boone, so that prompted me to ask who he was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home