Busy Week
We've had a couple of busy weeks lately. First we moved the weekend of June 6. Then I celebrated my birthday, we had family photos taken with all of Ryan's family, then a bike ride, LBS golf outing for Ryan and Father's Day. All while trying to unpack and get the house in liveable order.
A HUGE thanks to all who assisted us in our move and to Ryan who did most of the unpacking! I know when he's on a "mission/project" just to stay out of the way and let him go. So I obliged and steered clear.
I've hit over 400+miles training for RAGBRAI. I haven't had too good of luck in the ride department the last couple of weeks. On a Saturday ride, my bike was parked and it was another WINDY IA day and I came out and the bike had tipped and wasn't shifting correctly and one of the brake levers was shifted. So off I went to the bike shop. I get it back and last night while riding thru a new housing divsion, I hear a bang, loud hissing then thump, thump while trying to come to stop and not go flying off my bike! I had run over a screw and it popped my tube and pierced the tire. So back to Irwin's I traveled today to get the tube & tire replaced. I'm hoping to go at least a week without another bike breakdown!
A HUGE thanks to all who assisted us in our move and to Ryan who did most of the unpacking! I know when he's on a "mission/project" just to stay out of the way and let him go. So I obliged and steered clear.
I've hit over 400+miles training for RAGBRAI. I haven't had too good of luck in the ride department the last couple of weeks. On a Saturday ride, my bike was parked and it was another WINDY IA day and I came out and the bike had tipped and wasn't shifting correctly and one of the brake levers was shifted. So off I went to the bike shop. I get it back and last night while riding thru a new housing divsion, I hear a bang, loud hissing then thump, thump while trying to come to stop and not go flying off my bike! I had run over a screw and it popped my tube and pierced the tire. So back to Irwin's I traveled today to get the tube & tire replaced. I'm hoping to go at least a week without another bike breakdown!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home