York Family News

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Small World

Tonight I was making a mad/quick dash to Wal-Mart for a couple things for Elise's all day playdate with her friend Gabby. I'd gotten my stuff for Elise and was headed to the AE Frosty Malts section (complete with wooden spoons, for Ryan) when I passed this gal who looked like my 2nd cousin Karith on my dad's side.

I was on a mission but the resemblence was too uncanny for me not to go back past this gal one more time. I'm glad I did as it turns out it was my 2nd cousin Karith who I haven't seen since her now 15 yr. old was a little girl!

There we stood in the shoe section of Wal-Mart excitedly chatting away and discovered we are practically next door neighbors! SMALL WORLD!! Considering last I knew she was living in Mason City and we were in MKE!

We penciled in a tentative BBQ for July. Ryan of course was concerned when my "quick" mad dash was turning out to be longer than a "mad" dash. He was relieved to find out I wasn't blowing a wad and was instead catching up with the only other girl cousin I have that I've spent years with while growing up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home