York Family News

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ballerina in Training

After weeks of anticipation and waiting Elise FINALLY had her very 1st dance class tonight. From the conversations with most mothers of kids in her class it sounded like it was a first dance class for many. She was SO excited to go and put on her ballet slippers complete with pink leotard when I picked her up it was cute.


I was amazed at how well she paid attention. She sat right in the front row and was listening the entire time until she caught me peering in thru the door looking at her reflection in the mirror. I had to go sit down so she would apy attention and listen to what she was supposed to be doing. I was amazed when they put them on the bar and she started to do exactly what she was supposed to do, not as graceful but she was doing it.
It's a 5-week class to get a taste of dance to see if it's something she'd like to do or not. It's perfect because it's at a real dance studio and the instructors and owner seem great. At the end of the class she's learned a little dance and did pretty good all things considered. Elise is the little girl in the front row on the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home