Cycle For Sight
Today, I choose to ride the Ankeny Lions Club Cycle for Sight ride. I rode 68+ miles thru rolling hills, small towns and farming communities around Des Moines. It was a great day for a training ride before Ragbrai!
It was the longest I've ridden my bike in one day and yes, I'm tired and a little sore right now. However, the part you'd think would be sore is fine! It's my legs that are feeling a little wore out. They felt great during the ride and not sore at all. The head winds were terrible at some points but I pedaled on and on and on and finally was back in Ankeny 6 hours after I started. Just what my map told me I'd spend on the rode between biking, stopping and eating.
I'm confident Ragbrai will all it's hills will be hard, but I've got my gear shifting figured out for the hills and the trip back down the hill and back up the hill.
Speaking of Ragbrai ~ this time next week, I will have completed my 1st day of Ragbrai and will be spending the evening in Harlan with 10,000 other Ragbrai riders, sleeping on my homemade bed on the Team on Tap bus. I'm going to be finding a massage therapist that night too! Oh-I can't wait for Ragbrai!!!! I leave in 5 days! WHOO, HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was the longest I've ridden my bike in one day and yes, I'm tired and a little sore right now. However, the part you'd think would be sore is fine! It's my legs that are feeling a little wore out. They felt great during the ride and not sore at all. The head winds were terrible at some points but I pedaled on and on and on and finally was back in Ankeny 6 hours after I started. Just what my map told me I'd spend on the rode between biking, stopping and eating.
I'm confident Ragbrai will all it's hills will be hard, but I've got my gear shifting figured out for the hills and the trip back down the hill and back up the hill.
Speaking of Ragbrai ~ this time next week, I will have completed my 1st day of Ragbrai and will be spending the evening in Harlan with 10,000 other Ragbrai riders, sleeping on my homemade bed on the Team on Tap bus. I'm going to be finding a massage therapist that night too! Oh-I can't wait for Ragbrai!!!! I leave in 5 days! WHOO, HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home