York Family News

Sunday, September 28, 2008

COLORADO

As I type this I'm sitting in the Yuma Valley Hospital in Steamboat Springs, CO. I arrived yesterday and will be here until Thursday. My mom had a total knee replacement last Thursday. She's made it thru surgery and is recovering. Friday was a bit rough, yesterday was a good day and today started out good but is not so good now. She just threw up after lunch...YUK!!!! I can't stand throw up so I'm glad she's done with that and sleeping.

The Aspens are turning colors and it's a hue of yellow, oranges, red and green across the mountains. The view is gorgeous of all the colors and the mountains.
I've been out here in the winter, spring (mud season) and over Labor Day weekend. Never in the fall and it's beautiful.

I woke up early today, excited to be coming back to Steamboat from Kremmling (where my Mom's hotel is at and where I stay when I'm here). I'm excited to drive thru the Rouge National Forest, over Rabbit Ears Pass into Steamboat seeing all the pretty trees. I was also excited because I knew at some point today Mom would take a nap and I'd be off to explore the area mainly going on a hike/bike ride while she slept.

With Mom looking like she's resting peacefully, I'm off to change my clothes (had to do a little shopping this AM), go to Wal-Mart and get a disposable camera and I'm off to either bike/hike/something outdoors. It's too nice to be stuck in this hospital room all day! Plus, since she's sleeping she won't miss me! HA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home