And so it's begun
It's official RAGBRAI training has started!!
Yes, I'm riding RAGBRAI again this year. THANKS Ryan for letting me ride it again.
This year's route will take us across the Southern half of the State. We start in Council Bluffs and will end up in Burlington.
I've outfitted my bike with clips. Meaning I put clip pedals on and had them fitted for my bike shoes. Why, I didn't do this last year I don't know but WOW what a difference they make. I know why I didn't do it last year, the thought of falling and having never ridden with thousands of other people put a little fear into me that I didn't need them. Plus, they are not cheap and it was one more expense I didn't need at the time. This year though I've committed and have them and LOVE them!!!
Back to the training, last year after a couple of rides I decided to start keeping track of my mileage before Ragbrai. Last year before Ragbrai I rode 522 miles. The goal this year is to get at least that if not more. I'm guessing I'll get more since I've come to LOVE biking.
And so the training has begun! THANKS RYAN!!!
Yes, I'm riding RAGBRAI again this year. THANKS Ryan for letting me ride it again.
This year's route will take us across the Southern half of the State. We start in Council Bluffs and will end up in Burlington.
I've outfitted my bike with clips. Meaning I put clip pedals on and had them fitted for my bike shoes. Why, I didn't do this last year I don't know but WOW what a difference they make. I know why I didn't do it last year, the thought of falling and having never ridden with thousands of other people put a little fear into me that I didn't need them. Plus, they are not cheap and it was one more expense I didn't need at the time. This year though I've committed and have them and LOVE them!!!
Back to the training, last year after a couple of rides I decided to start keeping track of my mileage before Ragbrai. Last year before Ragbrai I rode 522 miles. The goal this year is to get at least that if not more. I'm guessing I'll get more since I've come to LOVE biking.
And so the training has begun! THANKS RYAN!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home