Tubes are in!
Elise's survived her tube surgery with flying colors. She was so good and brave....that's my girl!
She wasn't scared at all and if she was she didn't let on that she was scared. She left w/the nurse Sue in her scrubs and cheerfully walked down the hall hand-in-hand with her. I couldn't resist peeking around the corner to see her walking away going somewhere without us. She looked SO grownup.
She was not so cheerful after surgery. She was wimpering and telling us her ears hurt. Before surgery she had GRAND plans for her "stay at home" day. After surgery she told us, "I don't want to go anywhere. I want to go home and lay on the couch". Poor kid felt bad...a little Tylenol, a good show and an hour and a half on the couch cured her aches and her memory loss. She asked me where her surprise was at because I'd told her if she was a brave big girl and was good for the her surgery she'd get a surprise. Guess who had to go shopping? One light bright later (her gift of choice) she was a happy camper and ready to go and hasn't stopped since!
Now the aftermath...yicky stuff draining out of one ear. EEWWWW....hopefully that'll dry up in a day/two.
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers for Elise's surgery!
She wasn't scared at all and if she was she didn't let on that she was scared. She left w/the nurse Sue in her scrubs and cheerfully walked down the hall hand-in-hand with her. I couldn't resist peeking around the corner to see her walking away going somewhere without us. She looked SO grownup.
She was not so cheerful after surgery. She was wimpering and telling us her ears hurt. Before surgery she had GRAND plans for her "stay at home" day. After surgery she told us, "I don't want to go anywhere. I want to go home and lay on the couch". Poor kid felt bad...a little Tylenol, a good show and an hour and a half on the couch cured her aches and her memory loss. She asked me where her surprise was at because I'd told her if she was a brave big girl and was good for the her surgery she'd get a surprise. Guess who had to go shopping? One light bright later (her gift of choice) she was a happy camper and ready to go and hasn't stopped since!
Now the aftermath...yicky stuff draining out of one ear. EEWWWW....hopefully that'll dry up in a day/two.
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers for Elise's surgery!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home