Mom can we Rocky?
As I was on the computer last night when all of a sudden I heard a familiar sound. The opening of a little girls bedroom door. Next thing there is a little girl standing next to me asking me what I'm doing. I say "working on the computer". Little girl says "oh". Mom says, "What are you doing up?" LG replies "I can't sleep". Mom says "Go pick out 1 story and I'll read you a story". LG says "Mom, can we read it in the rocking chair and rock? We haven't rocked in a long, long, long, long, time". Mom says "Go, get your book". LG smiles and runs off to get a book. LG brings back not 1 but 3 books! Mom says "ok, I'll close my eyes and pick one". LG doesn't like the first book Mom picked but the second selection wins. So Mom and her "little" girl proceed to sit in the rocking chair reading a bedtime story and rocking. "Rocky" as little girl used to call it when we'd rock and rock every night before tucking her into bed. Mom was happy and glad to ROCKY one last time until little girl decides she wants to "rocky" again.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home