York Family News

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day was PERFECT!! Today's we're writing in purple...why? Because my "baby" LOVES purple.

Elise had told Ryan one night on the way home from school last week that they needed to go to Target. When he asked why she pointedly told him to buy me a surprise for Mother's Day! GREAT KID!!

The day started off GREAT and ended GREAT after multiple doses of ibuprofen! Elise got me just what I wanted new PJ's! I LOVE the t-shirts & crop PJ's they have out now and Miss Elise picked out a t-shirt w/bubble gum on it. Another favorite thing we like to chew! Then it was off to brunch at Bravo and it was very good.

After reading on the deck for a bit I decided to go for a bike ride. Elise decided to join me. I was decked out in my bike gear and Miss Elise had to get on her bike shorts too. Then had to get a bike shirt like mine, her pink undershirt. So we took off down the bike path, made it to the park, played for a little bit then me and my bright ideas decided I should take her thru the tunnel & across the bridge to the pond by the library. We proceeded just fine until she decided we should ride around the cement sculptures w/me "chasing" her. Fine until I was going too slow, made a wrong turn, couldn't get my foot unclipped from my pedal and laid myself and the my bike down on the cement sidewalk. OUCH....luckily I had my first aid kit with me as I was on my "new" bike vs. my "old" bike w/no clip in/out pedals. I fixed myself up and told her we're going home. She thought because I was bleedy as she calls it. Truth was my right wrist was killing me! Our adventure didn't stop there....oh-no. I had to lay down the bike one more time thankfully this time it was grass on my right & not cement. Miss Elise forgot to tell me she was stopping and in my attempt not to rear-end her I fell again!! Think the story ends there? Nope!! Miss Elise is scared of hills. She hasn't figured out you can't stop pedaling going up and come to a complete stop half way up the hill or you'll careen right back down the hill. So I'm at the top of the hill (a short steep incline) when she comes to a complete stop. I'm cheering her on telling her to pedal and as I'm walking towards her to help her out she starts going backwards veering off into the grassy area towards the little creek/stream bed. Thankfully, I got her in time!

I don't think Elise will be riding with me again anytime soon and if we are I for one WON'T be on the "new" bike I'll be on my trusty "old" bike w/NORMAL pedals. One sprained wrist is enough for me. Yes, I ended up at the Dr. this am to make sure my right wrist (and yes, I'm right handed) is not broke. Thankfully, it's not!! Just sprained but none the less has me in a wrist brace for a week.

Despite the falls I had a GREAT Mother's Day. THANK YOU RYAN AND ELISE FOR MAKING MY DAY GREAT!!! And I'm determined before the summer is over Miss Elise WILL be riding up hills, yelling out slowing and stopping on our rides and riding right! It's my duty/job as her mother to instill a LOVE of biking in her so we can ride until I'm old and gray just me and my girl hitting the trails together! Two falls and a near disaster for her are not going to stop me from teaching her to ride!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home